Meet Dr. Del Vecchio
Dr. Daniel Del Vecchio is a prominent plastic surgeon in Boston, MA who specializes in cosmetic procedures for the face, breasts, and body. He is also the owner and director of Back Bay Plastic Surgery. Dr. Del Vecchio is a world-renowned pioneer in fat transplantation and has lectured about fat grafting and other important topics in the plastic surgery field. He is highly regarded as one of the best plastic surgeons in the country and has been in practice for over 20 years. He has an impressive Ivy League education and has contributed extensive research to the field of cosmetic surgery, earning him numerous accolades.
Skills and Specialties
Dr. Del Vecchio is board certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is well-versed in both surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures. He utilizes his skill and expertise to perform liposuction, tummy tucks, and other popular surgeries. He is especially known for his artistic eye and gorgeous results in regard to Brazilian Butt Lifts and breast augmentation with fat transplantation. Many patients travel from all across the country to visit Dr. Del Vecchio for natural body contouring with fat grafting. He also offers nonsurgical procedures, including RF microneedling, BodyTite, BOTOX, and Juvéderm.
Education and Training
Dr. Del Vecchio graduated from Yale University with his bachelor's in biology and continued his education at Harvard Medical School. After graduating from Harvard, he served his general surgery residency at Massachusetts General Hospital followed by a residency in plastic surgery. From there, he furthered his training by serving a fellowship in cosmetic surgery at the University of Pennsylvania. To advance his knowledge in commerce, he earned a graduate degree in business from the Columbia University School of Business.
Awards and Recognition
Dr. Del Vecchio has published numerous papers and medical journals on the topic of plastic surgery, which has earned him the following recognitions:
- Research Award for American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons Best Scientific Paper: "Fetal Bone Repair. An Experimental Animal Model"
- Best Breast Paper, American Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Meeting, Toronto, Canada. October 2010.
- 2013 SIEF – Simultaneous Implant Exchange with Fat – Best Paper in USA; Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Del Vecchio is proud to be a member of the following professional societies:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS)
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Dr. Del Vecchio has contributed extensive research to the plastic surgery field and has written many journals and book chapters, including:
- Del Vecchio, D.A. "Common Sense for the Common Good: Staying Subcutaneous During Fat Transplantation to the Gluteal Region." Plast Reconstr Surg: 142(1): 286-288. July 2018.
- Del Vecchio, D.A; Wall, S.J. "Expansion Vibration Lipofilling – A New Technique in Large Volume Fat Transplantation." Plast Reconstr Surg: 141(5): 639e-649e. May 2018.
- Del Vecchio, Daniel., MD. "Fat Transplantation in Breast Augmentation Revision". Book Chapter in Problems in Breast Surgery: A Repair Manual. Edited by Jack Fisher, MD and Neal Handel, MD, In Press 2014.
- Del Vecchio, Daniel., MD. "Fat Transplantation in Breast Augmentation." Book Chapter in Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery. Nicolo Scuderi and Bryant Toth, Editors, 2013.